Office Hours and Appointments
Our hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You may schedule an appointment by calling our office at 303-546-6600.
Your appointment time is valuable to both of us. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify us as soon as possible.
We are available and on-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays. If you have
an emergency, please call our office at 303-546-6600.
If a prescription refill is needed, please call your pharmacist to determine if an authorized refill is available. If a refill is not available, please call our office at 303-546-6600 during normal office hours. Please allow 24-48 hours for processing. We are unable to refill prescriptions for narcotics or pain relievers when the office is closed. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Pain Medicine Policy
Use of pain medication has certain risks including, but not limited to: nausea, constipation, itching, allergic reaction, slowing of breathing, sleepiness, slowing of reflex and reaction time, physical dependence, addiction and fatal overdose.
- Medications should be used only as directed.
- Refill of medications will be provided to patients by phone only if prior arrangements have been made and noted in chart
- All other refill requests are subject to review by physician or physician assistant and will require a minimum of 48 hours.
- No refill request will be taken by office staff or nurse after 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday or after noon on Friday.
- If you have not been seen by the physician or physician assistant within the past 3 months, refill of pain medications will require an office visit.
Alpine Spine Center participates in most health care plans. If we are participating providers for your insurance company, you will be responsible for your co-pay or deductible at the time of service and we will gladly file your claim for you.
If we are not participating providers for your insurance company, you will be responsible for paying in full at the time of service and filing your own claim. It must be understood that the patient, not the insurance company, is ultimately responsible for payment of the bill. Those patients paying privately are responsible for services when they are rendered. VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
It is very important that you inform us immediately of any changes in your health insurance coverage.
Please bring your insurance card with you to each visit.